Italy (or Italia, as locals name it) is the birthplace of Western culture, together with Greece. Not surprisingly, it’s also home to the greatest number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the world.
Italy is also famous worldwide for its delicious cuisine, its trendy fashion industry, luxury sports cars and motorcycles, diverse regional cultures and dialects, as well as for its beautiful coastline, alpine lakes and mountain ranges (the Alps and Apennines).
No wonder if it’s often nicknamed the “Bel Paese” (the Beautiful Country).
My Tours in Rome is a team of experienced travel specialists to plan your dream holidays to the best destination on Earth: Italy!
With us, you’ll visit the “Bel Paese” through its many historical sites, exploring its enormous cultural heritage and its very ancient traditions. Or you’ll lay under the Mediterranean sun, in the Italian Riviera, or in the marvelous southern coastline, with its inimitable blue sea.
Italy is much more than the ruins of Rome, the art in Florence and the Venice canals. Italy is also fascinating and less traveled routes and destinations.
For this reason, we suggest you our tailor-made vacations, unique travel programs just for you, and planned around you.
We organize trips around specific themes: for instance, gourmet holidays for truly Italian cuisine lovers.
Or, if your goal is to enjoy the eclectic Italian world, an exclusive tour of (let’s say) Sicily is an excellent choice. This land offers its Guests a complete experience range: here you’ll find unparalleled history, ancient and modern art, extraordinary cities and towns, the finest Mediterranean beaches, truly great cuisine, etc.
Our hand-picked elements of your unique travel plans include also the typical aromas, flavors and colors of the various Italian destinations.
The same sensations you can feel in every corner of a historic village; or in the small hidden museums of a bustling city.
Just as a rough idea about where the main Italian locations are, let’s give you some indications about the main areas:
1) Northwest Italy (Piedmont, Liguria, Lombardy and Aosta Valley): it’s the home of the Italian Riviera (including Portofino and the Cinque Terre), the Alps, world class cities, like Italy’s industrial capital (Turin), its largest port (Genoa), its main business hub (Milan), beautiful landscapes, like Lake Como and Lake Maggiore, and little known Renaissance treasures, like Mantua.
2) Northeast Italy (Emilia-Romagna, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Trentino-Alto Adige and Veneto): From the canals of Venice to the gastronomic capital Bologna; from impressive mountains, such as the Dolomites and first-class ski resorts like Cortina d’Ampezzo, to the delightful roofscapes of Parma and Verona, these regions offer much to see and do. South Tyrol and the cosmopolitan city of Trieste offer a uniquely Central European flair.
3) Central Italy (Lazio, Marche, Tuscany, Abruzzo and Umbria): breathe history and art. Rome boasts the remaining wonders of its Empire and some of the world’s best known landmarks, combined with a vibrant, big-city feel. Florence, cradle of the Renaissance, is Tuscany‘s top attraction, whereas the magnificent countryside and nearby cities like Siena, Pisa and Lucca have much to offer to those looking for the country’s rich history and heritage. Umbria is dotted with many picturesque cities such as Perugia, Orvieto, Gubbio and Assisi.
4) Southern Italy (Apulia, Basilicata, Calabria, Campania and Molise): bustling Naples, the dramatic ruins of Pompeii, the romantic Amalfi coastline with Capri, laidback Apulia and stunning unspoilt beaches of Calabria, as well as up-and-coming agritourism, help making Italy’s less visited regions a great place to explore.
5) Sicily: the beautiful island famous for archaeology, seascape, and some of the best cuisine the Italian gastronomy has to offer.
6) Sardinia: large island some 250 km west of the Italian coastline. Beautiful scenery, megalithic monuments, lovely seas and beaches: a major holiday destination for high budget tourists.
Here, below, for each individual Italian region, we have collected the best destinations: we would like to give you some travel ideas from which you indicate the one of your dreams.