8 days/7 nights
Northern Italy is one of the most magical parts in this Country. And our Venice, Verona and Lake Garda Private Tour gives you the chance to visit the best of this area, in just one trip.
During the 8 days/7 nights tour, you can:
- admire the famous St Mark’s Square in Venice,
- take pictures of the Grand Canal,
- look for the Romeo and Juliet’s Balcony in Verona,
- relax sipping a glass of fragrant wine, on the fascinating Lake Garda’s banks.
Book the tour with My Tours in Rome: our travel consultants will plan (and arrange) every detail for you, and with you: the flights, the transfers, the accommodation, the train tickets, even local tours, attractions and things to do, to name a few.
Everything is planned: all aspects of your holidays.
During the Tour, you’ll visit places like Venice, Verona and the cute towns that surround Lake Garda.
Your heart and soul will admire Venice, as your first destination.
Apparently, this place may not seem huge.
Yet, it is. And is made up of different districts called “Sestieri”.
You’ll become familiar with names like Cannaregio, Castello, Dorsoduro, San Polo, Santa Croce and San Marco, where the main monuments and sites are located.
Isola della Giudecca and Lido di Venezia are further districts of interest for you.
The Venice lagoon includes islands like Murano, Burano, Torcello and San Francesco del Deserto (the first two, in particular, are worth visiting).
Venice, the world’s only pedestrian city, is easily walkable.
If you want to get around a bit more quickly, there are numerous vaporetti (water buses) and water taxis.
If you want to have a romantic ride along the canals, take a gondola ride.
William Shakespeare set his play Romeo and Juliet in Verona, the second destination of this Tour.
Though situated an hour away from Venice, many people consider Verona a more relaxed, pleasant place to visit.
In 2000, UNESCO awarded Verona as World Heritage Site, because of its urban structure and architecture.
The Roman Empire took over Verona in the First Century AD. Consequently, many Roman-era ruins have been preserved, notably the Arena (which is in the same style as Rome’s Colosseum).
Due to different dominations, Verona offers you art and architecture gems from late-Medieval to early-Renaissance styles; from the Republic of Venice, to Napoleon Bonaparte; and finally, from the Austrian Empire, until 1866.
Verona’s military importance under the Austrians has also left city fortifications and an excellent castle.
Your third destination is Lake Garda, (Italian: Lago di Garda), the largest lake in Italy.
The north of the lake is narrow and surrounded by mountains. It is well known for water sports and outdoor activities. Sailing, kite surfing, windsurfing, but also mountain biking, hiking, climbing, just to name a few.
The famous Gardaland Theme Park is based near Lazise in the South Eastern corner of the lake.
There are small resort towns located all around Lake Garda, all with different flavor. You can visit them traveling around the Lake by ferry or road, to soak in the local ambiance.
As examples of the Tour activities, in Venice you’ll:
- Visit the Doge’s Palace (Palazzo Ducale), (San Marco Square).
- Climb up to the Bell Tower of St. Mark (Campanile di San Marco), (San Marco Square), to admire the great views of Venice and the lagoon.
- Be captured by the “Scuola grande di San Rocco”, a masterpiece by Tintoretto: an exquisite example of Manierist art in its best.
- Walk along the Jewish Ghetto of Venice streets, the first “ghetto” in the history.
- Stop in the middle of the Rialto Bridge, one of Venice’s most recognizable icons, and shop at the Rialto market.
- Take your time inside the Saint Mark’s Basilica (Basilica di San Marco). It is renowned worldwide for its priceless treasures and fascinating secret places.
- Go to the Venice’s Opera House La Fenice Theater (Teatro La Fenice).
- Visit the Jewish Museum (Museo Ebraico).
- Vist the Peggy Guggenheim Museum, at Palazzo Venier dei Leoni, offers a personal collection of modern art collected by Peggy Guggenheim.
- Take a cooking class (half day or full day) to learn how to make hand-made pasta or pizza, tiramisu or other typical Italian recipes.
- Meet before dinner for the ritual of happy hour at a so called ‘bacari’ (the local typical osterias or wine bars).
- Drink some local aperitifs such as the famous ‘spritz’ (a cocktail made of Prosecco wine and Aperol or Campari).
- Taste the ‘cicchetti’ (tasty snacks, similar to tapas, such as small croutons, meat cooked on a spit, savoury pastries and typical Venetian dishes, both hot and cold, fried and not).
In Verona, you’ll:
- Kiss your beloved on the famous Balcony, in the Juliet’s House.
- Climb to the top of the Lamberti tower (or take the lift if you are unable).
- Shop ’till you drop, on the Verona’s golden mile.
- Take the Bus 41 for a breathtaking view from S. Maria di Lourdes Sanctuary, placed on the edge of Verona’s highest hill.
- Eat gelato in one of Piazza Bra’s bars.
- Take a short walk to Castel San Pietro for a great lookout on the town center.
- In summer, spend a night at an Opera show in the Arena, the Roman amphitheater.
- Go for a guided sightseeing tour, or a wine tour in Valpollicella or Soave vineyards, famous for the renowned Amarone, Recioto and Valpollicella wines as well as for its ancient villas.
- Visit the Christmas markets, during your winter holidays.
- Go to listen classical music at Philarmonic Theatre, one of the most ancient of Italy.
- Eat like the Veronese, and order horse-meat (cavallo), a local specialty. Pastissada de caval, is a dish of braised horse meat, as is Picula de Caval.
- Taste the Pizzocheri (buckwheat pasta with cheese and sage), casoncelli (a type of ravioli) or bigoli (thick spaghetti).
- Casoela is a pork casserole, and a bollito misto is a mixture of boiled meats, usually served with pearà, a local sauce then you can find only in Verona.
In Lake Garda, you’ll:
- Visit the cute towns of Sirmione, Malcesine, Nago-Torbole, Bardolino, Gargnano, Limone.
- Choose among 50+ tastes of “gelato”, and enjoy it outside the premises with a great Lake Garda panorama.
- Spend some hours (or even a full day) at Gardaland, the theme park for everybody, one of the greatest in Europe.
- Take the Mount Baldo Cable Car, for spectacular landscapes views and great pictures from the top.
- Take a ride on peddle boats, or peddlos, available to rent throughout the lake.
- Shop at Lakeside Markets. Each town along both sides of the lake host markets, each with a market day. But, only in the morning.
Dates are flexible and customizable for private departures.
Day 1: Welcome in Venice. Welcome in Italy!
Your flight will arrive at Marco Polo Airport, and your private transfer will lead you to your chosen Hotel.
Settle into the comforts of your accommodation.
Then, get acquainted with the City and live like a Venetian: it’s time to indulge with a food walking tour.
Make your way to the edge of the famous Grand Canal and admire the scenery of Venice: soon you’ll understand why it’s the most romantic city in the world.
Vaporettos cruise down the water casting wakes behind them. The streets create a labyrinth and offer secluded getaways.
Restaurants place tables and chairs alongside the quiet lapping waters of the lagoon for an idyllic dinner graced with candlelight.
Gondoliers paddle on the narrow waterways ducking beneath the arching bridges.
Bakery windows are filled with delectable fritters stuffed with cream.
Mask shops showcase the fine art of papier-mâché, painted with elegant hands to promote the picturesque history of an exuberant banquet.
Your guide will lead you through the bustling and charming “bacari”, the cozy restaurants serving traditional “cicchetti”, little dishes similar to tapas, like croutons or polenta with Creamed Cod Venetian Style.
Sip your glass of wine, and listen to the water lapping against the stone canal and savor the romantic ambiance of Venice.
Day 2: Venice – St. Mark’s Square and Basilica. Pictures during a Private Gondola Ride
After breakfast, your guide will lead you through the aisles near the famous Rialto Bridge, towards the Rialto market, one of the oldest markets in the world.
You will reach St. Mark’s Square with its incredible skyline: the bulbous domes of the Basilica decorate the square.
On top the more than 320-foot tall bell tower, the Archangel Gabriel dominates.
Gilded mosaics decorate the archways on the façade. The architectural styles from the Bizantine tradition decorate the façade and interior of the 11th-century building.
In the afternoon, you will board your gondola (a private professional photographer to capture your best moments is available on request) to enjoy the quiet, romantic moments that the two of you find around the city.
Day 3: Venice – The Brenta Canal Cruise and the Opulent Aristocratic Villas
Today, after breakfast in Hotel, you will venture out of the city, on the Brenta River, to explore the traditional grandeur and glamor of the Venetian Republic.
One of the possible stop might be Villa Foscari, a three-storey palace celebrated for its symmetry, and its 16th-century frescoes that decorate the rooms. The nearby garden contains secret hideaways in which you can even steal a kiss.
In the evening, you will arrive at the chosen Villa for dinner: an ambiance like a royal bal in the historical romance of a Venetian feast.
Day 4: Verona – The Charm of Romeo and Juliet’s City.
After breakfast, your journey will continue by car to your second destination of this tour: Verona.
The historical city center is UNESCO Heritage of Mankind since 2000, because of its urban structure and architecture.
One of the first things you’ll meet is the Roman Arena, dated back the 1st century AD. The theater is still in use and seats up to 30,000 spectators.
In summer, if you are an Opera lovers, you may book a ticket for one of the amazing concerts, during the famous Opera Festival.
The historical center overflows with locals and tourists, all passionate about history, romance, traditional cuisine and delicious wine.
From Piazza Bra, you will reach the tunnel that leads into the courtyard of the Juliet Capulet’s house.
Take a selfie with a kiss to your beloved one on the Romeo & Juliet’s balcony.
The statue of Shakespeare’s noble heroine stands beneath the balcony, overlooking the scenery.
Feel the romantic atmosphere from the legend of love between Romeo and Juliet that permeates the city of Verona as a whole.
Day 5: Lake Garda – Lake Garda for a Day in Passionate Leisure
After breakfast in Hotel, at your convenience, you’ll meet your private transfer.
Today you’ll be brought to the third destination of this tour: Lake Garda, the largest lake in Italy.
You’ll stay in the town of Garda, located on the southern shores, with the Dolomite Mountains all around.
Once in the chosen Hotel, get familiar with the accommodation and the tranquil atmosphere along the lakeside promenade.
Cafés and restaurants offer tables and chairs on the walkway to watch passersby and the cruising boats.
The Church of Santa Maria Maggiore crowns the historic city center.
Day 6: Lake Garda – Enjoy the Towns around Lake Garda with a Private Driver
Today, your private driver will greet you after breakfast in your Hotel, ready to bring you inside the some of the most beautiful towns around Lake Garda, at your preferred pace.
You will find yourself basking in the rich light, and colorful waters of Sirmione and its promontory at the southern edge of Lake Garda.
Its 12th century historical castle (as well as all the atmosphere all around) will strike you like a fairytale offering a romantic escape from the world outside of the city gates.
Shopping is highly recommended here thanks to the many shops along the cobbled walkways beside some gret fashion designers boutiques.
Don’t forget a creamy gelato inside the quiet, cozy ice cream shops.
Opera singer Maria Callas had a home overlooking a quaint park.
For the Roman History lovers, there’s a unique archaeological site of a Roman villa, the Catullo Grotto. These ruins date back the 1st-century AD.
Day 7: Lake Garda – Discover the Beauty of the Dolomites on a Full Day Excursion
After your morning breakfast, your private driver will lead you around the mountainous landscape at your leisure.
We suggest you to stop in the town of Arco on the banks of the Sarca River, to experience the diverse beauty Lake Garda and the foothills of the Dolomite Mountains.
The verdant landscape of the mountain valleys reminds you of scenery out of Austria rather than Italy.
The town is located at 3,280 feet above sea level on the sun-drenched shelf in front of the Lagori Mountain chain.
The Bell Tower soars above the town streets and imitates the surrounding peaks.
It’s a tranquil and romantic village, where to sip a decadent hot chocolate at an outdoor café, while enjoying the view to the Palace of Magnifica Comunita.
The Austro-Hungarian architecture adds a colorful twist to the landscape.
The cableway carries you to Alpe Cermis, where you can take pictures of the magnificent rolling mountain peaks.
Day 8: Lake Garda – Depart for Home
Before taking off, there’s still time to have a breakfast in Hotel, and a final visit to the castle of Rocca di Garda towers.
You will have rediscovered pleasure and passion, romance and adoration while in Italy, dining like the aristocracy and taking the time to enjoy your surroundings.
Your private transfer will greet you at your hotel and escort you to Milan’s Malpensa Airport for your flight home.
Our travel consultants will craft your unique Tour all around you, your desires and your needs.
Just as a price indication, please consider as follows:
3* Hotel accommodation – Prices start from just € 945 per person
4* Hotel accommodation – Prices start from just € 1,145 per person
5* Hotel accommodation – Prices start from just € 1,445 per person
Prices (based on 2 people sharing) include:
- Private Transfers from/to the Airport
- 2 nights, Named Hotel, in Venice
- 2 nights, Named Hotel, in Verona
- 3 nights, Named Hotel, in Lake Garda
- 7 breakfast meals in Hotel
- 7 dinners in the three destinations
- All private transfers between destinations
- Professional Tour Guides (where needed)
- Tour planning and booking service
- 24 hours tour assistance
Prices don’t include:
- Round Trip International Flight
- Single room supplement
- City Tax, where due, to be paid in Hotel
- Local tours not in the original tour plan, to be bought locally
- Tips and optional extras
- Everything not enlisted in the previous section
Maximum number of participants: up to 10 people. For larger groups, please ask our dedicated team.